How to dress before pregnancy
You’ve been dressing yourself for long time and your body hsn’t started changing due to pregnancy yet, so do you really need fashion advice now? May be, yes. Fashion is important. Like it or not, what you wear speaks volumes about who you are. When you get pregnant, and then after you have a baby, it’s not always easy to pull together a great look, especially if you are not confident about what works for you. Take this opportunity – when you’re not yet carrying round extra pounds and you don’t have a crying baby demanding your attention – to get your style act together.
Know how to dress to impress: We definitely advocate comfort clothes. When you are going out on the town, practice putting a little effort into how you come across. When you’re dealing with a weeks-old baby, you might not have it in you to pull together a whole ensemble, so while you don’t have any excuses, step it up a notch!
Clean out your closet: Make room for maternity clothes, and get rid of all the stuff you’ll never wear again. You know there are pieces hanging around in there that should never see the light of day. Why are you clinging to them? Give it away or donate it. Rip it off like a Band-Aid! Invite a friend over to help you with the tough decisions.
Don’t go on a shopping spree right now: Your body is going to change soon, so why spend a lot of money on pieces you won’t be able to wear for the next year? You might not like them anymore when they do fit again. Go through your closet post clean-out , try things on, and figure out what style resonates best with you. Do you like cashmere sweaters and pearls? Or funk t-shirts? Or girly dresses? This is the time to recognize and own your style. Then when you’re shopping for maternity clothes, keep that fashion sense in mind.
How to dress after pregnancy
- Don’t expect to fit into your old clothes right away! Too-tight clothes are never attractive. Have patience and remember that it took you nine months to get up to the size you were when you had your babym and it might take nine months to get back to your former size.
- Hang on to a few maternity pieces for a little while. Nothing tentlike, but maybe a good pair of jeans with an internal adjustable waistband, or a cute top from before you got really big.
- Skip the superbaggy clothes: Baggy clothes aren’t hiding anything. They just look sloppy.
- Wear dark colors, keep the silhoutte simple and avoid bright pants that call attention.
- Empire waists are your best friends
- Buy two affordable bras at a time. Your bra size may change many times over the next few months so don’t go out and buy a dozen bras at once, but have two that fit you well right now.
- This is not the time to invest in expensive clothes – your current size is not permanent. Look for inexpensive flattering pieces from local stores and may be a few trendy pieces from Amazon or Jabong.
Shop for Maternity Wear on Amazon.
- If you want to treat yourself to something, think about a cashmere wrap or cardigan that can cocoon you and still look good a size up from your normal size.
Once you are settled at home, try to get dressed every day. Shine on, you real diamond!